I have a really fun tag for you today! Olivia at Purely Olivia tagged me to do the Liebster Award (be sure to check out her post here!) and she gave me a great set of questions to answer, so let’s get started!
Do you prefer big bookstores or small, one-of-a-kind ones?
I love a good independent bookstore and New York has some amazing ones, but I just have so many fond memories of visiting Barnes & Noble growing up that I have to go with big bookstores. Plus they just have such a massive selection! It’s almost impossible for me to walk in and not find a bazillion books I want to buy.
Who is your inspiration?
Probably Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She’s done so much to advance gender equality and generally make the world a better place, and if I can do a fraction in my lifetime of what she’s done in hers, I’ll be happy.
When did you first think about starting a blog, and why?
I’m not sure when I first thought about putting together a blog, but maybe early last summer? It really wasn’t something that was on my radar, but after discovering all of the BookTubers and book bloggers online and realizing there were so many people out there for me to talk about books with, I started to get really excited about the idea of joining them and creating my own content. So after playing around with the idea for a few months, I did, and it’s been so much fun!
What does a typical day in your life look like?
A typical day usually involves me getting up and dragging myself to the gym (though I hate to admit there are a number of days I oversleep and skip the gym) and then showering and heading into work, which involves lots of emails and writing marketing content (I’m a marketing coordinator at a law firm, for those who don’t know). At the end of the day, I head home and make supper and spend some time catching up with things online and hang out with my husband before reading for the night.
What’s your favorite of your blog posts?
Right now, my post announcing my new NYC book signing calendar! I’ve become a bit obsessed with going to book signings since moving to New York, but it took me a while to figure out where they are and how to find them. I would have loved to have had a calendar like this to refer to, so now that I’ve kind of got the drill down and I have my own blog, it seemed perfect to create it! But if you don’t live in New York, don’t worry! The post still has a bunch of details on what to expect at a book signing and how to find one in your area!
Given the chance, where would you travel in the world?
Right now I really want to go to southern Spain because I was just walking through the Islamic Art section at the Met a few weekends ago, which is one of my favorite parts of the museum, and realized that a lot of the pieces are from southern Spain. I’ve been wanting to go to Spain for a while, and this just reaffirmed that I think Spain is going to be next on my list. Though the full list also includes Greece, southern France, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan, among many, many others!
Libraries or bookstores?
Wow, this question is mean. I went to the library a ton growing up, but now I mostly borrow library books on Overdrive, so I guess I’ll pick bookstores. But I’m still a huge library fan!
Cookies or ice cream?
This is another brutal question, as I love both cookies and ice cream, sometimes even together. I think I’m going to pick cookies because I can never say no to a chocolate chip cookie or a black and white cookie, but I’m also a huge fan of the occasional pint of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Froyo or Talenti Raspberry Chocolate Chip.
What is your favorite month of the year, and why?
I think December because I absolutely love all of the Christmas decorations (especially in New York) and holiday music and Christmas cookies, plus of course there’s Christmas and my birthday.
What was the proudest day of your life?
Oh dang. I have no idea. I’m pretty young yet, so I feel like most of my proud moments are connected to my education, like when I found out I got a full ride for college or when I graduated with a triple major. Sometimes it’s all about the small stuff, though, like when I asked for a raise even though I was scared to or made it to the gym that morning!
What’s your favorite movie adaptation of a book?
The Keira Knightley version of Pride and Prejudice. Obviously they had to leave out a lot of stuff or change things for pacing, etc., but I think they perfectly captured the spirit of the book and I absolutely love it.
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is a close runner up. I think they did an absolutely amazing job with that adaptation.
11 Facts About Myself
- I collect bookmarks when I travel.
- And Christmas ornaments.
- And post cards.
- My birthday is the day after Christmas—and before you ask, no I’m not mad about it. I’ve always enjoyed being a Christmas baby.
- I played ice hockey growing up.
- I speak German. It’s not nearly as good as I’d like after having lived in Germany for a year, but I can get by without any English. Just don’t expect to have too deep of a conversation!
- I have an embarrassingly large sweet tooth. If you put sweets in front of me, it’s impossible for me to say no!
- I got married at a winery.
- I am strangely proud of the fact that I come from a ridiculously cold state and love scoffing at New Yorkers bundled up in their Canada Goose down coats during 40-degree weather. It’s not cold enough to be wearing those!!
- Bobbi Brown is probably my favorite makeup brand. I especially love stocking up when Gilt does a $30 off your $80 purchase!
- My favorite color is pink.
Alright, the last part of this tag is to nominate 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer. I’m actually going to cheat a bit and nominate three: Jenica at Firewhiskey Reader, Dani at Reading with Dani, and Ally at Ally Writes Things.
And here are the questions!
- Do you collect anything when you travel? If so, what and why?
- What’s your favorite part about having a blog that you didn’t expect when you started?
- What’s something you have waaaaay too much of (besides books)?
- Name the one book on your shelf that you’d most like to get signed by the author and why.
- What’s one of your favorite places you’ve visited and why?
- Do you prefer big bookstores or small, one-of-a-kind ones?
- Cats or dogs? Or other?
- Paperback or hardcover (or ebook)? Why?
- What’s your favorite social media platform and why?
- List five of your favorite book covers right now.
- What’s your favorite blog post you’ve written?
Definitely feel free to answer these questions and leave a link to your post in the comments if you want to do it too! I’d love to know who else is a Barnes & Noble fan and would pick cookies over ice cream 😉
6 thoughts on “The Liebster Award”
Thank you for the tag!!! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for doing this! I loved reading your answers. 🙂 Sorry for the brutal questions…honestly, I can’t even choose between a library or bookstore!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I SUPPOSE we can still be friends 😉
Thanks again for tagging me!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m definitely picking cookies over ice cream! My answers will be up tomorrow. Thank you for tagging me! This was fun!
Pingback: One Lovely Blog Award | Dani's Bookshelf
Pingback: The Leibster Award! – Ally Writes Things